Blueberry Basil and Goat Cheese Appetizer
- 1 11-oz. log of goat cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen and thawed)
- ¼ cup Blossom Blueberry Basil Vinegar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh blueberries for garnish
- Place cheese in a glass bowl. Mix rest of ingredients in another bowl and pour over cheese to coat. Stir well and spoon over.
- Stir frequently during the next hour to incorporate ingredients, then refrigerate until ready to use. Keeps in the refrigerator for 3 days. Before serving, press cheese into a ball or serve it in a small bowl.
- Serve on sliced, toasted baguette slices with small knives; cheese is spreadable at room temperature. Garnish with fresh blueberries. Leftover marinade makes a great salad dressing or omelet filling.
Courtesy of Jackie Thau.