Blueberry Basil Bread Salad
- 2 cups croutons
- ½ box cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup basil leaves, sliced into narrow ribbons
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- ½ thinly sliced red, white, or sweet onion
- Salad greens (optional)
- Black olives, pitted and sliced
- Crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Handful of fresh blueberries
- Olive oil
- Blossom Blueberry Basil Vinegar
Put croutons in a large bowl and drizzle with vinegar, just enough to moisten.
Add vegetables, olives, and basil. Drizzle with olive oil and add vinegar to taste: Vinegar-to-oil ratio is approximately 1:3. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add croutons, cheese, and blueberries. Serve at room temperature or on greens if desired.
Courtesy of Jackie Thau.