Carrot-Dill Sauce for Poached Sturgeon
- 2 cups fresh carrot juice
- ½ cup cream
- 4 eggs
- Curry powder
- Salt and pepper
- Blossom Lemon Dill Vinegar
- White fish: sturgeon, halibut, etc.
- In a saucepan, reduce one half (1 cup) of carrot juice by half, reserving the other half.
- Add cream and curry powder to taste.
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl, then slowly temper into the hot carrot-cream reduction.
- Add remaining raw carrot juice, salt, pepper, and vinegar to taste, starting with 1 teaspoon of vinegar. Whisk sauce continuously until it begins to thicken.
- Drizzle 1–2 oz. over fish.
- Sauce can be served with fish, new potatoes, or confited mushrooms. Prepare early and chill; reheat slowly to prevent curdling.
Courtesy of Chef Gregory Perrault.