Chicken with Rice Soup
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- ⅓ cup uncooked rice
- ⅓ cup diced carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 2–3 tablespoons Blossom Lemon Dill Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced green onions and parsley for garnish
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, bouillon, carrots, celery, and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour. Cook this for 1 minute, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually add broth mixture and cook until slightly thickened, stirring.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Gradually beat in vinegar and lemon juice. Slowly add egg mixture to broth mixture in a large saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Heat gently until soup thickens; do not boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with onions and parsley. Makes 7 1-cup servings.
Courtesy of Cindy Rawlings.