Creamy Cucumber Salad
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 medium Walla Walla sweet onion
- ⅓ cup fat-free sour cream
- 3–5 tablespoons Blossom Lemon Dill Vinegar
- ½ lemon peel, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and vinegar: Start with 3 tablespoons of vinegar; stir and taste. If the sour cream is thick, add more vinegar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir and taste for preferred consistency; set aside.
- Wash, peel, and thinly slice cucumbers using a knife or mandolin. Toss these with a little salt and place in a colander. Rinse well and drain for 30 minutes.
- Cut onion in half and slice thinly into half-moons.
- Add onions and cucumbers to dressing; stir well.
- Grate lemon zest over the top and stir again. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for a few hours…if you can wait that long.
Courtesy of Jacki Thau.