Endive, Fennel and Apple Slaw
- 3 small fennel bulbs, stems removed, shredded (reserve fronds)
- 3 heads red Belgian endive, stems removed, sliced crosswise in thin strips
- 1 large apple, cored and sliced thin
- 1 large jalapeño, halved, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- ¼ cup walnuts, broken into small pieces
Mix all ingredients into a large bowl.
- 1 teaspoon fennel fronds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Blossom Wildflower Honey Vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Whisk oil and vinegar together, then add remaining ingredients.
Dress salad just before serving.