Mediterranean Corn and Red Pepper Salsa
- 3 ears corn
- 2-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 2 roasted red peppers, diced
- ¼ cup basil, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 3–5 tablespoons Blossom Blueberry Basil Vinegar
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Cut corn kernels from the cob, add to pan, and cook for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Add pepper and toss well to mix.
- Add vinegar to pan and cook about one minute (or so) to reduce it slightly.
- Check seasoning and add more salt if needed. Finish with fresh cracked pepper and fresh sliced basil. Stir well.
- Salsa will keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days.
- Serve with pita chips or as an accompaniment to chicken, fish, or over rice. Great on bed of shredded lettuce as a side salad. Makes 4 cups.