- White fish or salmon
- 1 cup of dry white wine (or vegetable or chicken stock)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons Blossom Lemon Dill Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Pan-fry fish in peanut oil in a heavy, pre-heated skillet on medium high heat until browned and cooked through. Remove to plate and cover.
- Deglaze pan with wine or stock; reduce to ½ cup.
- On low heat, melt sugar in a heavy saucepan until golden brown. Slowly add vinegar. Stir in reduced wine; cook down until the sauce coats a spoon. If you want richer sauce, add butter, a little at a time. Drizzle over hot fish and serve.
- Serving size varies depending on the amount of fish used.
Courtesy of Chef Maxine Borcherding, Western Culinary Institute.