Roasted Rutabaga with Paprika and Poppy Seeds
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon paprika (smoked or sweet)
- ¼ cup Blossom Wildflower Honey Vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a 10–12-inch sauté pan, heat butter over medium-high heat until it melts and begins to brown.
- Add rutabaga, salt and pepper. Toss well to coat.
- Sauté until rutabaga cubes are golden brown.
- Add poppy seeds and continue to cook for several more minutes, reducing heat if rutabaga threatens to brown too quickly, for about 8 minutes. Rutabaga should be tender but not mushy.
- Stir paprika into rutabaga cubes. Add vinegar. Bring to a boil and cook until vinegar has evaporated.
- Check seasoning and adjust to taste. Serve hot. Serves 4.