Sari and Mango
- ½ teaspoon red peppercorns
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ lime
- ¾ inch slice of cucumber
- ¼ inch slice of fresh ginger
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Blossom Mango Habanero Mixer
- 2 oz. reposado tequila
- ½ oz. cardamom simple syrup (recipe below)
For Cardamom Syrup:
In a pan, toast 1 tablespoon whole cardamom on low, 2–2½ minutes. Cool. Crush with a mortar and pestle. Combine crushed cardamom with ½ cup water and ½ cup sugar in a pan over low heat. Stir to dissolve sugar; simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and steep for 15 minutes. Strain into glass jar.
- Combine peppercorns, sea salt, and sugar in a mortar and mash with pestle until ingredients meld into a fragrant, sandy mixture. Spread this onto a small plate.
- Trace the rim of a chilled martini glass with half of a lime; dab the rim into the mixture while slowly turning the glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine cucumber and lime juice and muddle vigorously. Add ginger and muddle. Add drinking vinegar concentrate, cardamom syrup, tequila, and ice; shake to chill. Strain into the prepared martini glass.
Courtesy of Christine M.