Tomato Cucumber Relish
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 1 unpeeled cucumber, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon red or green chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Lemon dill vinegar to taste
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Taste for seasoning and adjust. Best served after it sits, unrefrigerated, for about 30 minutes. Serve over rice, steamed vegetables, or as an accompaniment to firm white fish. Makes about 3 cups.
Courtesy of Jacki Thau.